Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., is a specialist in nutrition and weight management at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. He is associate professor of nutrition and preventive medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and the medical director of the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program. For more than 10 years, Dr. Hensrud also served as the medical director of the Mayo Clinic Executive Health Program. He writes and lectures widely on lifestyle- and nutrition-related topics and has authored and helped publish several books, including two award-winning cookbooks..
Mayo Clinic is a worldwide leader in providing expert, whole-patient care to everyone who needs healing. Located in Rochester, Minn., Jacksonville, Fla., and Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., along with multiple community-based practices, Mayo employs approximately 4,000 physicians, scientists and researchers working together to care for patients and advance medical science.
Eat well. Enjoy life. Lose weight.
This completely revised and updated edition of the popular Mayo Clinic Diet is a practical, no-nonsense approach to weight loss designed to help individuals lose weight and, most importantly, keep it off. The book includes to step-by-step advice on key behavior changes to promote weight loss, plus four weeks of daily menus and all-new recipes.
The Mayo Clinic Diet is based on years of experience with literally thousands of individuals trying to lose weight. We’ve identified leading habits of people who maintain a healthy weight and the unhealthy habits of those who don’t. Based on this information, we’ve established five habits to include in your daily routine, five habits to break, and five bonus habits to increase your chances of lasting success.
The Mayo Clinic Diet is composed of three sections to get you started, to keep you on track, and to give you the knowledge and tools you need to stay the course.
1. Lose It! is a two week quick-start program designed to help you lose 6 to 10 pounds in a safe and healthy way.
2. Live It! is a long-term maintenance plan in which you continue to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week until you reach your goal. In the process, you learn how to maintain a healthy weight for life.
3. All the extra stuff includes meal plans, recipes, food lists, tips on overcoming challenges and much more.
Best of all, the program is enjoyable. Eating is one of the great joys in life. What you eat on this diet has to taste good, or you won’t do it. The Mayo Clinic Diet emphasizes foods that are healthy and taste good. Plus, you don’t have to worry about starving yourself. When you’re hungry, you can eat.
What works is a diet that’s easy and simple — a diet you can live with for life!
Perhaps you’ve had diabetes for years. Maybe your doctor only recently told you that you have diabetes. Or you’ve learned that you’re at risk of diabetes due to factors such as family history or being overweight.
In any of these cases, you’re concerned about your future. Take a deep breath and relax. Yes, diabetes is a serious diagnosis, but it’s a disease you can control.
Mayo Clinic has been studying diabetes, and successfully treating people with diabetes, for decades. Now we’re putting our top recommendation—the single most effective step you can take to improve your condition—directly into your hands.
The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet is a weight-loss program designed to help you safely lose weight to improve and control your blood sugar. Many Mayo doctors and dietitians have lent their expertise toward helping you in the pages of this book.
You’ll learn how to take advantage of these life-changing benefits, as thousands of Mayo Clinic patients are already doing…
• Lose weight and improve your blood sugar in just days with a two-week quick-start plan.• Continue losing weight and keep it off with guidance from Mayo Clinic doctors and dietitians, plus the healthy cooking advice of the food and recipe experts at Good Books.• Learn the one trait that most people who lose over 30 pounds and keep it off for five years have in common.• Take advantage of page after page of meal planners, recipes, tips on overcoming challenges and much more.
If your idea of having diabetes means going on a "restrictive diet," you’ll especially like the positive approach of this book. While it’s true that having diabetes requires changes in your life, this book is all about adding good things to your life, not saddling you with restrictions and limitations.
Download your copy today and put this good news to work in your life right away!
Discover Mayo Clinic’s first-ever weight-loss diet, and the last diet you’ll ever need!
Bogus "Mayo Clinic diets"—based on everything from cabbage soup to grapefruit to bacon—have been circulating for decades. These diets have no connection to Mayo Clinic, but their popularity told us that people are hungry for a diet based on Mayo’s research and clinical experience. So, here it is— for real—The Mayo Clinic Diet.
In our work with literally thousands of patients every week over many years, we’ve identified the leading habits of people who maintain a healthy weight, and the habits of those who don’t.
We’ve boiled this research down to five simple habits to help you take off the extra weight—and five habits to break so that you can keep it from coming back.
Plus, we’ve made it easy. You don’t have to sit down and read The Mayo Clinic Diet cover to cover. Instead, use this step-by-step program to lose weight the same way you gained it—one day at a time. Because what works is keeping it simple!
• In Part 1—"Lose It!" is a two-week quick start for losing 6 to 10 pounds in a safe and healthy way. That’s real results, real fast!• In Part 2—"Live It!" helps you continue losing 1 to 2 pounds a week until you reach your goal. Then, learn to maintain your healthy weight for life.• In Part 3—"All the Extra Stuff!" contains meal planners, recipes, tips on overcoming challenges and much more to help you along the way.
The Mayo Clinic Diet puts you in charge of reshaping your body and your lifestyle by adopting healthy habits and breaking unhealthy ones. This book offers a plan for a sustainable lifestyle, not just a diet. Discover better health through better weight management by following The Mayo Clinic Diet.
By clicking submit, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to RosettaBooks