As we live through successive economic earthquakes that shake the core of our society, it can be difficult to maintain one’s footing. Still, Covey argues there is a positive side to these tumultuous times, provided one is willing to take a chance and go with it. Welcome this wild and demanding new world and embrace the opportunities it presents.
Covey tells us, don’t just settle for a job; you want a great job. Great Work, Great Career can help you find that great job and beyond that, a whole career. You will learn how to:
- Create your own career opportunities and make a real difference in a terrific job of your choosing.
- Define your unique strengths and the exact niche in the market that you can fulfill.
- Build relationships with key support people.
- Create an outstanding resume
- and more.
Stephen R. Covey is perhaps the most respected business thinker of our time, and his associate Jennifer Colosimo bring us this thorough handbook for anyone who is seeking a job and a more fulfilling career. Their work is full of indispensable advice and tools.
This book asks the fundamental question, how do we as individuals (and organizations), not only survive but thrive amid tremendous change? More, why are our efforts to improve continuing to fail despite the millions of dollars we spend in time, capital, and human effort every year? How do we combat all of this by unleashing the full measure of our creativity, talent, and energy in the midst of this pressure? Is it realistic to believe that we can find balance in our personal life, family life, and professional life?
Author Stephen R. Covey shows that the answer to these concerns is Principle-Centered Leadership; a long-term, inside-out approach to developing people and organizations. Covey tells that the key to dealing with the challenges that we face today is the recognition of a principle-centered core within not only each of us, but within our organizations. Covey offers insights and guidelines that demonstrate how we can apply these principles both at work and at home which will lead not only to an increase in our productivity and the quality of our work, but also to a new appreciation of the importance of establishing more personal and professional relationships as we strive to enjoy a more balance, more rewarding and ultimately more effective life.
The one certainty in any business is uncertainty. You can be sure of change always. Still, some companies perform reliably and with excellence in spite of the ever-changing circumstances.
Predictable Results in Unpredictable Times is about four essentials for getting great performance from business and yourself in both good times and bad.
(1) Excellent Execution: Winning companies have clear goals and clear targets with strong follow through. All team members know the goals and know how to execute with precision.
(2) High Trust Levels with All Stakeholders: Low trust slows you down and raises your costs - especially in times of turmoil. But when trust increases, everything speeds up and costs go down.
(3) Achieving More with Less: In tough times, everyone tries to accomplish more with less, but the real question is ultimately, "more of what?" Winning companies focus on giving more value and not simply cutting back.
(4) Transforming Fear into Engagement: Unpredictable times create anxiety that can distract you when what you need most at that time is absolute focus. Winning organizations entrust people with a mission and strategy they can believe in, channeling their anxiety into results.
These principles can help companies win regardless of the turbulence of the ride or the shock of overwhelming change.
By clicking submit, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to RosettaBooks